Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities where we live and work. Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. In 2022, Langan ranked as one of the top 10 Best Firms to Work For and top 100 Hot Firms. Langan International UK is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join its growing team in London. This individual will serve a key function in assisting with the planning, execution and interpretation of geotechnical investigations, principally in the UK and Middle East but with the opportunity to support different US teams as well. In this role, you will have the opportunity to analyze geotechnical engineering problems, and assist in the preparation of geotechnical engineering reports and design documentation on large-scale and high-profile projects. Job Responsibilities
- Assist with the planning, specification and execution of field investigations, including scheduling of laboratory testing;
- Identify and implement solutions to both routine and complex field and/or laboratory problems;
- Review contractor records and field forms, including drilling and test pit logs, field investigation dailies, laboratory test reports and chain of custody logs;
- Design knowledge of shallow and deep foundation systems, ground improvement and slope stability across a range of soil types;
- Assist in preparation of Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Interpretive Reports based upon analysis of factual site investigation data;
- Assist with design including foundations, retaining structures, earthworks and slope stablisation;
- Assist in preparation of proposal scope of work, programme, and fees;
- Knowledge of Open-Ground software (OGC) or willing to learn it;
- Conducts Desk Studies reviewing available data and including site reconnaissance;
- Field experience with ground investigation is preferred;
- Capable of using AutoCAD;
- Interest to travel overseas is preferred; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering; Master’s degree preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in preparation of technical reports;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license for client meetings and job site visits, preferred.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: medical insurance reimbursement, paid time off, pension contribution, employee referral and professional qualification bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more! Langan is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.