Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking an Environmental Geologist or Engineer to join its collaborative team in Tampa, FL. This individual will serve a key function in providing site exploration activities including, but not limited to contaminated site investigation and remediation work; soil and groundwater sampling; vapor intrusion investigation; remedial investigation, design, implementation, and monitoring; pilot tests; data management, processing, and evaluation; and report preparation. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with top industry leadership on a complex and diverse portfolio of environmental projects in a continuous learning environment.
- Perform field inspections and environmental investigations;
- Perform air, soil, gas, groundwater sampling and remediation of contaminated properties;
- Assist with the planning and execution of field investigations by logging borings, collecting samples, performing field tests, and collecting and recording data. Perform routine and special calculations;
- Field oversight of remediation activities and subcontractors, ensuring compliance with job specifications;
- Identify and implement solutions to both routine and more complex field and/or laboratory problems and accurately document results; Communicate with supervisor on any problems encountered on project sites;
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports, specifications, and plans; data management and evaluation; and environmental assessment and remediation; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering or Geology;
- Minimum GPA of 3.0;
- 0+ years of work-related experience;
- Prior relevant internship or professional work experience preferred;
- Engineers must have EIT Certification, or current registration for the FE exam;
- Strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation access to remote job site locations; and
- Availability to work overtime as needed.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.
Nearest Major Market: Tampa