Location: Lenexa, KS, US Lone Tree, CO, USRequisition ID: 140800 Job Level: Senior Level Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Department: Design Engineering Market: Power Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in our growing Geotechnical Design Group. This role is located in Lenexa, KS, with the opportunity for flexible work. The primary duties of this engineer will include geotechnical engineering efforts in support of EPC contracts with Oil and Gas, Power, and Industrial clients. As, such, a strong technical background and excellent communication skills as well as an ability to work well in a team environment are considered critical to this position. You will be part of our rapidly growing Power Delivery, Power Design and Industrial Design Departments, which includes structural, civil, drainage, mechanical, electrical, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of power, industrial, and infrastructure projects. ENR released its 2022 Top 400 Contractor rankings. Kiewit ranks No. 3!
• No. 1 - Domestic Heavy
• No. 1 - Petroleum
• No. 1 - Transportation
• No. 2 - Power
• No. 4 - Working Abroad
• No. 20 - Domestic Building / Manufacturing
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support. Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our office in Lenexa, KS and includes travel to project offices and work sites, and period field assignments. Opportunities for flexible work are available.
- The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business
- Support of the bid phase development of innovative and cost-effective design
- Working within the pursuit team during the bid phase to help identify key design risks and develop plans to mitigate risks
- Support efforts to capture and spread design lessons learned knowledge to all Districts
- Support efforts to develop and spread design innovation knowledge to all Districts
- Work with the interdisciplinary engineering team and design subcontractors to ensure the most cost-effective design is developed
- Train and develop junior engineers
- Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field, required
- 11+ years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience, 15+ preferred
- 3+ years of experience with EPC contracts
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S
- Strong all-around academic and work experience based knowledge
- Experience with design of deep foundations, shallow foundations, evaluating slope stability, seismic engineering, retaining wall design, earth retention, rock mechanics, settlement of compressible soils, ground improvement techniques, support of excavation, and dewatering
- Experience working in a team setting and directing the work of others
- Discipline / project management experience is required. Minimum of 5 years of experience of managing and supervising a team of at least 5 or more.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- The physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions
- Ability to travel to project sites and/or relocate based on business need
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.