Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you.Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.Read more about how you can thrive with us.We are seeking an Engineer with demonstrable technical and project delivery experience involving new build analysis, detailed design, bridge inspection, assessment and rehabilitation schemes. You will be passionate about bridge design, have a desire to succeed and be part of a winning team. The role will be based in our Gloucester office.This role will provide you with a good career development opportunity and enable you to become involved in interesting and challenging projects. As such, we are looking for individuals seeking to take their career to the next level.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project delivery and undertake the role of technical lead on a range of bridge related projects.
- Lead and mentor bridge staff on tasks such as structural analysis, feasibility studies, tender designs, detailed designs and the production of contract documents and technical reports.
- Use your knowledge and skills in working together with the team and other disciplines in providing an integrated service to clients.
- Help seek innovative solutions in achieving best value in delivering our services.
- Help development of the team through the delivery of projects and commissions, providing technical and administrative support and leadership where required.
- Relevant accredited engineering degree, Minimum 2:1.
- Ideally chartered or incorporated bridge engineer with relevant work experience within a bridge design office.
- Desire to mentor and coach those around you to ensure project delivery and advance the technical abilities of others.
- Proven track record of delivery of bridge related projects and an ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Working knowledge of Eurocodes in the field of bridge design and the DMRB.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Committed to work and capable of managing own tasks, costs and meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
- Good IT skills, Computer literate with previous experience of using a structural engineering software.
- Good communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- Ability to communicate technical concepts within the team and to the client and stakeholders.
- Health and Safety training in the Bridges Sector.
- Experience of undertaking client facing roles and an ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Experience of planning, organizing and managing packages and projects.
- Experience of commercial and risk management for the delivery of work to budget and program, to control costs and manage change control processes.
- Ideally a full driving license.
Why work for Atkins?Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.Meeting your needs:To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).More about us:Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed.Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.Additional Information:This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation #Highways