Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking a Geotechnical Engineering Intern / Co-op to join its collaborative team in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, FL. This individual will serve a key function in providing assistance with technical aspects of diverse geotechnical projects, both small and large scale. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner directly with geotechnical leadership and gain exposure to site feasibility studies which may involve field work, technical report preparation and calculations, pre-construction conditions documentation, design plans and specifications.
- Assist with the planning and execution of field investigations, including logging borings and test pits, collecting samples, performing field tests, and collecting and recording data;
- Observe foundation and earthwork construction activities; monitor conformance with the construction documents (plans and specifications);
- Identify and implement solutions to field and/or laboratory problems;
- Prepare standard logs and field forms, including drilling and test pit logs, field investigation dailies, and chain of custody logs;
- Conduct file reviews, site reconnaissance, and document searches;
- Perform calculations and learn to perform engineering analyses; learn geotechnical engineering software;
- Prepare report exhibits, figures, and plans using AutoCAD;
- Prepare reports, documenting field investigations and analytical results; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- A student actively pursuing a 4-year or advanced degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering; Geotechnical coursework preferred;
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation to access job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and unofficial academic transcripts.Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.