Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 "Best Firms to Work For" and top 100 "Hot Firms" in the nation. Langan is seeking a Geotechnical Project Engineer / Manager to join its collaborative team in New York City. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on both small-scale and large-scale projects primarily in office, residential, and retail/warehouse markets. Possession of a strong technical education, practical field experience, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position. Job Requirements:
- Proven experience in preparing technical reports, specifications, construction plans, and geotechnical recommendations; writing proposals; running/coordinating projects; managing clients; managing billings; and reviewing the work of staff and mentoring staff;
- Ideally will possess a minimum of 3 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction observation experience including: mass grading, deep foundations, subgrade for footings, ground improvement, and excavation support including tieback installation and testing;
- Candidate must be able to log borings and perform observation during construction projects; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
- Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering;
- Professional Engineer license, preferably a New York PE license;
- 6 to 10 years of related Geotechnical experience;
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success. Base Salary Range: $98,000 - $124,000. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as related work experience, market conditions, education/training, certifications, and other credentials, as well as applicable knowledge and skills.This position is also eligible to participate in the firm's annual bonus and performance review program. Bonuses are discretionary and based on individual job performance and the profitability of the firm.