Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.Effectively investigating, assessing, evaluating, and monitoring the suitability, risks and properties of site ground conditions is a crucial part of successful project delivery. Our team in the Northeast region is looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to provide Geotechnical and Civil Engineering services for our Solid Waste, Buildings, Dams, and Municipal clients.This role can be based in any one of our Northeast regional offices.Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
- Provide construction oversight for engineered fill, concrete, pavement
- Perform and/or manage borehole sample collection and logging
- Manage all aspects of geotechnical project coordination and client coordination
- Conduct geotechnical engineering evaluations and calculations including, but not limited to, design for retaining walls, shallow and deep foundations, slope stability, pavements and slabs-on-grade
- Perform seismic related geotechnical engineering analyses
- Prepare routine correspondence, data and evaluation reports, standardized documents and work plans for internal and client review
- Oversight of contractors in the field
Successful skills & qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or relevant field of study
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is a plus but not required
- At least 5 years of geotechnical engineering experience
- Project Management experience desired
- Geotechnical lab experience (Atterberg Limits, proctors, grain size analysis, hydrometer, moisture content) highly desired
- QA/QC construction oversight experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time both locally and regionally with some overnight travel
If you’re interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your application below!As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.#LI-JK1
Why GHD? Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come. Our commitment to you Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business. Who we are We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD’s US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.