Company OverviewCME Associates, Inc. (CME) is a multi-talented and multi-disciplined engineering technology corporation that provides Construction Materials Evaluation and Technical Support Services to owners and professionals engaged in design, construction, and maintenance of buildings and infrastructure. CME's licensed engineers and certified technicians specialize in geotechnical engineering, construction materials evaluation in both field and laboratory, geological sciences, subsurface exploration, and investigative engineering.SummaryThe Geologist / Drilling Project Manager will oversee all technical and administrative aspects of assigned Drilling Projects and report directly to our Drilling Division Manager (Professional Geologist). Responsibilities include reviewing and classifying soil and rock core samples, field layout of exploration locations with GPS, managing projects, maintaining project budgets, ensuring project deadlines are met, managing and communicating with drill crews as well as coordinating with internal technical staff.Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide clear and effective communications with CME’s Clients, Division Manager, Geotechnical Engineers, Drill Crews as well as utility locators, public entities and others associated with the project.
- Review and classify soil and bedrock samples, prepare, and edit field logs and review with Project Geologists and Engineers.
- Review and evaluate asphalt and concrete core samples, classify subbase materials, and prepare core summary information and reports.
- Prepare and review Subsurface Exploration reports, Test Boring Logs, Test Pit Logs, Well Details, Exploration Location Plans, and other required documents.
- Perform infiltration and/or percolation tests as required for projects.
- Perform preliminary reconnaissance of project sites to determine access points and identify potential terrain issues, utility issues, or other pertinent site information that could impact the project.
- Conduct pre-site mobilization work such as obtaining permits, coordinating private utility location services, submitting Dig Safe New York Tickets for sites, and conducting field layout of borings and test pits.
- Conduct field logging of samples during drilling operations and verify CME driller compliance with appropriate industry or client standards.
- Understanding of industry standard drilling and sampling procedures, drill rig operations and safety compliance.
- Review project documents and drawings.
- Regularly discuss and review project details with Project Engineers and Division Manager, keeping team up to date on progress or issues.
- Regularly communicate with Clients to ensure quality of work, exceptional staff performance, and to address Client concerns and expectations.
- Act as project liaison between Clients, public entities, outside Design Professionals, or Project Managers and CME.
- Track project budgets – keep client up to date on progress and potential budget overages; prepare change orders as necessary.
- Obtain Training and understanding of basic survey and level equipment, as well as drill tooling used in the drilling process.
- Field duties may include drill rig oversight, test pit logging, infiltration testing, asphalt coring, drill operations support, waste sampling, traffic control including flagging alone or part of a crew.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, or related area of study.
- Minimum of 2 -5 years’ experience preferred.
- Must possess a New York State Professional Geology License or have the ability to obtain a PG license within the licensing experience and educational requirements and guidelines set forth by New York State.
- Must complete, at a minimum, the OSHA 10 Hour Safety Course within first month of employment (CME will provide access to training).
- Project Specific: may be required to obtain the 40 Hour HAZWOPER OSHA training and the annual HAZWOPER Refresher course, thereafter.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that meets CME’s driving requirements.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 75 lbs. in weight.
Benefits and PerksCME offers competitive wages and benefits such as: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Health Savings Account, Supplemental Insurance Products, and Paid Time Off (including Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Personal) for full time employees. This is an Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws. CME Associates, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer.A New York State Certified Woman Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).