At McLaren Engineering, we believe it is the optimal mix of talent, experience, passion and creativity that sets an engineering firm apart from its competition. The successes experienced by our Clients through their projects have proven that we can bring any thought, vision or daydream to fruition. There are no limitations, no boundaries, to the engineering challenges McLaren can meet.
Salary Range: $106,000-$118,500POSITION TITLEProject Manager – Marine Division LOCATIONHybrid - Remote/Woodcliff Lake, NJ
OVERVIEWReporting to a division Principal or Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. The Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Principal on all project work performed by the group, utilizing knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions and the oversight of financial performance. The Project Manager is also responsible for implementing progressive services and business strategies in order to develop and increase our client base through strong client relationships.
- Lead a variety of marine, coastal, and/or geotechnical projects with internal and external partners. Key responsibilities include budget, schedule, cash flow, and resource allocation.
- Supports the Principal in managing division project work and deliverables.
- Supervises and mentors staff and is responsible for the allocation of manpower within the group.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes.
- Responsible for monitoring and achieving project financial goals
- Solves various engineering problems and challenges
- Develops new client relationships through networking and attending industry functions.
- Expands and maintains relationships with clients, creates a positive brand image, builds lasting relationships focused on added value for the client.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum; Master’s degree a plus.
- Professional Engineer Registration and/or PMP Certification
- Minimum of five years of related experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and technical written and verbal communication skills
- Able to thrive in a team focused environment and engage in creative, critical thought; takes initiative and can function at a high level on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Referral program
- Bonus pay
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)