Salary Range: $72,800-$86,000POSITION TITLEFacades Structural Engineer LOCATIONHybrid - Remote/New York City, NY OVERVIEW At McLaren, our façade structural engineers can be found designing the glass, aluminum, and stainless steel cladding for a number of award winning high-rise and low-rise buildings across the country - everything from residential, commercial, retail, hospitals, and cultural and educational centers.. The Façade Structural Engineer would be responsible for the design and detailing of facade systems, running relevant analyses, researching and evaluating new materials and systems, and coordinating project work with the team. Must be conscientious and creative, detailed-oriented and professional, with attentiveness to client communications.
- Performing structural analysis of various building envelope systems comprised of aluminum, glass, steel, stainless steel, precast concrete, and wood elements.
• Analyzes building envelope performance with specialized software (i.e. load determination, structural analysis, thermal analysis, condensation risk, geometry).
• Researches and evaluates new materials and systems to meet specific project criteria.
• Interprets building codes and specifications (e.g. project, design, construction).
• Coordinating structural design details with architectural design.
• Review shop drawings, RFI's, and performing site visits during the construction phase.
• Working directly with clients to ensure client satisfaction throughout the project duration.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering with a structural emphasis.
• New York State or New Jersey Professional Engineering registration (P.E. License) preferred, or the ability to obtain licensing within a reasonable time frame.
• 2 to 7 years of experience in the structural design and detailing of facades in commercial projects.
• Proficient in computer-aided design (CAD), AutoCAD 2D is a must, 3D preferred.
• Proficient in commercially available 3D structural modeling software, RISA 3D, STAAD, ETAB, RAM, SAFE
• Proficient in Mathcad and Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively in technical writing, emails, and verbally.
• Must have the ability to organize and handle multiple project assignments.
• Proven ability to be successful in a fast pace, schedule driven environment.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Referral program
- Bonus pay
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)