What we are looking forSCS Engineers is looking for a Project Engineer to perform various activities related to environmental consulting. The ideal candidate will be a quick and eager learner and self-motivated, embraces teamwork, and has the desire to grow and develop professionally. This position will involve managing projects, developing proposals and will also be directly involved with public and private clients in marketing, client management, and project production. Project responsibility will have a primary focus on solid waste management, including landfill engineering, landfill gas, and other projects, which may require design, engineering, permitting, construction and/or operations support. This position will be based out of our Denver, Pennsylvania office with a hybrid work schedule.How you can make an impact as a Project Engineer
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and practices in solid waste assignment areas and related fields.
- Prepares and reviews engineering calculations, drawings, reports, and permit applications.
- Manage projects and personnel as necessary to meet both client and SCS expectations
- Makes decisions independently on engineering or scientific problems and methods, plans and coordinates work, and represents the company at meetings and conferences.
- Field work in varied terrain and weather will be required, including but not limited to, surveys/data gathering, construction quality assurance, inspections, etc.
- Office based tasks including but not limited to: CAD drafting, mathematical calculations, report writing, creating site plans and facility diagrams, permit applications, etc.
- Business development including but not limited to: proposal preparation, meeting with clients, and attending industry related conferences/trade shows.
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans or projects.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant civil or environmental experience required. Consulting experience, business specific to the solid waste industry, including landfill design and permitting, landfill gas management, and solid waste facility design, etc. preferred.
- E.I.T. required and Pennsylvania P.E (civil) registration or ability to obtain within 12 months preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing required.
Whether its reducing methane emissions at agricultural facilities and landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, weve been focused on finding smart climate solutions and improving the natural environment since our inception over 50 years ago. Join our 100% employee-owned firm and start creating your own legacy. As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, and employer-funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Student Debt Employer Contribution Program
- Paid holidays and PTO
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.