Job DescriptionThe Staff Geoscientist / Geotechnical Engineer individually completes routine engineering analysis assignments applying standard methods furnished by the project supervisor. Contributes to marine site investigation reporting by interpreting and assimilating various geophysical and geotechnical data under close supervision; writes technical reports. May Individually prepare or check field and laboratory results for engineering assessment. Develops laboratory-testing programs for routine foundation design projects.Key Responsibilities:
- Interprets marine site investigation geophysical/geotechnical data.
- Provides geological advice in one or a small number of specialized technical disciplines and develops solutions for clients by putting acquired geological data into context.
- Supervise routine field and laboratory operations of the company and subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geology, Geophysics, or related discipline required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Marine Site investigation experience.
- Offshore Wind experience is a plus.
- Travelling (international and offshore) may be required.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Senior or Principle EngineerOur Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on-the-job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.BenefitsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer-matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.