Job DescriptionThe Laboratory Data Manager is responsible to oversee laboratory data management, including the processing, QA and/or approval of test results, and the system administration of the laboratory information management system and databases in relation to all data produced in the laboratory, i.e., testing data and laboratory functioning data.Job Responsibilities
- Process, QA and/or approve all test types to all current standards the laboratory offers (BS1377, BS EN ISO 17892 and ASTM)
- Be a critical point of contact for data queries from other internal and external engineering groups and laboratories
- Assist to produce AGS data files and maintain associated extraction tools
- Assist the Laboratory Technical Authority to establish and maintain a close relationship with universities in the region to pursue the development of new solutions in line with Fugro’s long-term strategy
- Assist the Laboratory Technical Authority to Tap into the resources available in the technical communities to improve testing and processing methods
- Work with other Fugro laboratories to develop and maintain the Fugro laboratory information management system (LIMS) to
- digitalize the lab data processing and QA,
- establish standard data formats for the exchange of data between LIMS and engineering software packages
- establish standard data formats for a global database of test results
- use machine learning for quality control and re-use of data
- Meet with the clients to understand their needs and propose the solution
- Ensure that the record keeping, and data processing are performed to the highest quality
- Develop new working practices, test equipment, test methods, and software to improve the efficiency of the record keeping and data processing
- Develop new testing processing codes or add-on processing modules to LIMS for the new testing equipment
- System administration of the laboratory databases through LIMS to
- Capture all data to allow the higher management to have properly informed data-driven decisions
- Capture and generate data required for monitoring the laboratory KPIs
- Run machine learning to improve the efficiency and productivity of laboratory
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Geotechnical /Civil engineering or a relevant scientific or mathematical subject.
- Have relevant laboratory or engineering experience in the testing and/or processing of laboratory tests performed to ISO 17892 and ASTM standards.
- Have dynamic geotechnical testing and processing experience.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in creating, modifying, and using MS excel spreadsheets with embedded macros
How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.