Job DescriptionFugro USA Land, Inc. in Los Angeles, CA is interested in hiring a senior professional, who is a registered engineer, who manages and conducts major projects and pursuits from a commercial and technical perspective using independent actions and responsible judgment. They supervise groups of staff or independent business units utilizing Fugro's project management procedures and guidelines.Job Responsibilities:
- Manage, direct and execute major projects from a commercial as well as technical perspective.
- Manage business units or sub-units as assigned.
- Typically, the "Engineer-of-record" on major projects
- Ensure that commitments to clients are met for budget, timeliness, and accuracy
- Play a lead role in business development, recruitment, and hiring.
- Assign duties to the project team, answer their questions, monitor their progress, and checks accuracy of completed work.
- Provide senior level review of proposals and reports.
- Make presentations to clients and staff.
- Conduct extended field work assignments, both domestic and international.
- Mentor and train subordinate professionals.
- Personally, supports and encourages support for continuous improvement of the company's processes, including but not limited to the Fugro Consultants, Inc., safety program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate Professionals supervise staff to senior-level professionals and technical staff including assigning duties, providing direction, monitoring performance, and checking accuracy of work. May be responsible for conducting annual performance appraisals, and coaching and disciplining employees.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Bachelor's degree or higher Civil Engineering, Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or related discipline. .
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Be a registered and licensed Professional Engineer(P.E.).
- Possess an excellent understanding and knowledge of Geotechnical Engineering and related disciplines.
- Possess an overall understanding of technical requirements and field data acquisition procedures.
- Must be proficient in the use of software for communication, project management, and technical analysis.
- Possess the ability to obtain a valid passport for international travel
- Possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess a Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geologist, or Hydrogeologist license is a plus.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.BenefitsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
#LI-GS1How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.