WHAT TO EXPECT FROM DBS&A
Are you a highly motivated entry-level to mid-level engineer seeking challenging projects, career advancement, employee ownership, and a great place to work? DBS&A is seeking a qualified and motivated staff person to join our diverse technical team. DBS&A is an engineering, water resources, and environmental consulting firm providing comprehensive services in groundwater and surface water hydrology and soil science. Our staff values a work environment that is collegial, collaborative, respectful, and rewarding with challenging work and flexible work schedules. Our firm is the perfect size for individuals wanting to get involved with all aspects of a project and see them through from design to construction to operation. In this position, you will work hand-in-hand with a range of professionals with backgrounds in civil and environmental engineering; hydrology and geology; soil and environmental science; geographic information system (GIS) and computer aided design (CAD); and field and laboratory technology. As a subsidiary of Geo-Logic Associates (GLA), you will have access to 250 diverse professionals in 26 offices in the U.S. and Peru. There is room to grow personally, professionally, and geographically within our organization.Learn more about the benefits of working at DBS&A.
WHY WE REALLY WANT YOU IN THIS JOB
- You want to put your bachelor’s (or master’s) degree in engineering to work on a wide range of projects that could include soil and groundwater remediation, landfill design and permitting, water resources design and management, stormwater management, or mining industry support.
- You are knowledgeable about engineering design, including drawings, calculations, technical specifications, and cost estimating, and are looking to expand on your two+ years of professional experience.
- You are willing to travel to remote job sites in New Mexico and/or Texas. Travel opportunities will vary, but could include construction observation for multiple weeks at a time or daily site visits for system operation or soil vapor/water sampling.
- You are organized, have strong attention to detail, and a demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving, analytical thinking, and the ability to work independently.
- You are OSHA HAZWOPER certified, and have familiarity with safety protocols at construction sites. Familiarity with well installation or sampling equipment on environmental sites is a plus.
- You have experience working with state and federal environmental laws and regulations, and with state agencies, such as the New Mexico Environment Department (NMED), Texas Railroad Commission (RRC), or Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
- You have the ability to work with and/or direct a team of engineers, hydrogeologists, GIS specialists, and AutoCAD staff working on projects in multiple states. Project management experience (or interest in managing projects in the future) is preferred.
- You are highly effective in your written and verbal communication and are comfortable addressing technical (e.g., other engineers, hydrogeologists) or layperson audiences.
- You have experience with AutoCAD, ArcGIS, or similar software for managing geospatial data.
- You are a licensed professional engineer (PE) or will have the ability to obtain a PE within two years.
MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS
You will work with a team of highly talented individuals on a variety of small to large environmental and water resource projects. Typical tasks for a staff- or project-level engineer may include:
- Working with the project team to compile necessary design documentation, including engineering drawings, technical specifications, contract documents, cost estimates, etc.
- Working with vendors of proposed equipment and/or materials
- Performing construction observation, as-built documentation, and preparation of record drawings
- Collecting field data and troubleshooting system and equipment operation
- Preparing reports—technical writing ability is extremely important and samples of writing will be requested during interviews
- Working on project teams with professionals who are motivated to provide high-level services to our clients
This position may require travel, including possible evenings and/or weekends, and requires the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and work in adverse weather conditions. This position also requires that the potential employee pass a pre-employment drug screen. Potential employees must also undergo a pre-employment physical and must possess and maintain a driving record acceptable to our insurer. Position level and compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States.DBS&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.