At Haley & Aldrich, our goal is to deliver exceptional service to our clients and our communities. And we know that to do so, we need diverse and unconventional thinkers. That’s why we foster a culture that provides collaboration, flexibility, and support – so our staff can bring their unique value to bear and explore the areas they’re passionate about. Are you looking to work in an environment where you can be your authentic self and work on projects that are meaningful to you?The Buildings & Infrastructure Business Unit at Haley & Aldrich is growing, and we are currently seeking an entry level Geotechnical Engineer to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. We offer new engineers the opportunity to work on challenging geotechnical and environmental projects for a wide range of clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company. This position includes travel to/from job sites and working outside of the office to support/oversee site and subsurface characterization field programs for environmental and geotechnical projects. The position also could include providing field support to monitor geotechnical and/or environmental activities during the construction phase of projects. This full-time position will be located in the New York City office.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Provide construction monitoring/on-site engineering observation for both geotechnical and environmental projects.
- Perform site reconnaissance to observe existing conditions, assess site access for subsurface explorations, and identify important site features.
- Monitor subsurface exploration activities that include the use of test boring and geoprobe rigs and machine excavated test pits to gather soil and bedrock samples.
- Conduct field investigations, including soil and groundwater sampling in accordance with applicable ASTM standards and other industry standard guidelines.
- Conduct geotechnical engineering analyses.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data, using spreadsheets and other tools.
- Use of various geotechnical and environmental instrumentation and equipment.
- Support preparation of written reports, proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables.
- Adhere to Site Specific Health and Safety Plans prepared for each project site. As applicable, participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and Haley & Aldrich.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in engineering Civil Engineering or related field
- 0 to 2 years of geotechnical engineering experience
- Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter
- Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software
- Ability and interest in obtaining professional engineering registration; has or applies for initial professional certification in their core discipline, where applicable, such as EIT or FE
- Ability to travel to temporary work assignments in Maine, New England, and across the U.S.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel between job sites and the office
About Haley & Aldrich Haley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 800 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with New York City Equal Pay Transparency laws, the salary range for this role in NYC is $60,000 - $70,000.