At Haley & Aldrich, we pride ourselves on our small-company culture, with big-company opportunities. Our staff appreciate that project diversity and flexible environment.Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Bring your expertise, industry knowledge, and leadership to Haley & Aldrich – we’ll give you the flexibility and support to chart your own career path and explore the areas you’re passionate about. The Buildings & Infrastructure Business Unit at Haley & Aldrich is growing, and we currently are seeking an Assistant Geotechnical Project Manager with strong technical and leadership skills to work in the government infrastructure and real estate development and institutions market sectors to interact with clients and manage projects that require site characterization, geotechnical and foundation analyses, and field support during subsurface explorations and construction. We offer engineers the opportunity to work on challenging geotechnical and integrated environmental/geotechnical services projects for a wide range of clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company. This position will be located in our NYC or Parsippany, NJ office.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Work with and support Project Managers on all aspects of the project to address client goals and objectives.
- Understand client needs and be able to develop strong client relationships.
- Be capable of managing technical aspects of project tasks.
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
- Assist in project execution to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings.
- Evaluate seismic hazards including liquefaction.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering highly preferred
- 5-10 years of professional services consulting experience that includes execution of subsurface investigation programs, evaluation of geotechnical and environmental data, conducting geotechnical analyses, and presentation of technical solutions in a variety of written and oral formats
- Experience in directing geotechnical field observation and testing programs
- Experience with preparing recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings, evaluating seismic hazards including liquefaction
- Experience with mid-and high-rise buildings; deep excavations, shoring and underpinning, mass grading, dewatering, and ground improvements techniques
- Basic skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling
- Professional registration (EIT, PE) required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software
- Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail is expected
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to see projects through to completion are a must
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 800 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with New York City Equal Pay Transparency laws, the salary range for this role in NYC is $90,000 - $110,000.#LI-NL1