At Haley & Aldrich, our goal is to deliver exceptional service to our clients and our communities. And we know that to do so, we need diverse and unconventional thinkers. That’s why we foster a culture that provides collaboration, flexibility, and support – so our staff can bring their unique value to bear and explore the areas they’re passionate about. Are you looking to work in an environment where you can be your authentic self and work on projects that are meaningful to you?We are looking to add new talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Staff Engineer to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company and get involved in a variety of projects for a diverse range of clients. This is a full-time position located in our Parsippany, NJ and New York City offices.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Work with and support Project Managers on all aspects of the project to address client goals and objectives.
- Observe and document field investigations and/or foundation and earthwork-related construction and remediation activities, on a part-time or full-time basis.
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
- Assist in project execution to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Assist with preparation of recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings.
- Evaluate seismic hazards including liquefaction.
- Conduct site reconnaissance.
- Draft technical sections of project communications and reports.
- Perform all work in accordance with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
- Contribute to development of technical approaches to problem-solving.
- Assist with the development of technical scopes of work and cost estimating for proposal efforts on small- to medium-sized project opportunities.
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience
- Professional registration PE required
B.S. degree in engineering in Civil Engineering,
M.S. degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering strongly preferred
- Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter
- Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to see projects through to completion are a must
- Maintains membership in one professional society or technical organization
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training preferred
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 800 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 35 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have had one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. Visit haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.In accordance with New York City Equal Pay Transparency laws, the salary range for this role in NYC $75,000 - $90,000.#LI-NL1