At Haley & Aldrich, our goal is to deliver exceptional service to our clients and our communities. And we know that to do so, we need diverse and unconventional thinkers. That’s why we foster a culture that provides collaboration, flexibility, and support – so our staff can bring their unique value to bear and explore the areas they’re passionate about.Are you looking to work in an environment where you can be your authentic self and work on projects that are meaningful to you?We are looking to add new talent to our growing team! We are currently seeking a Staff Geologist to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. This position entails travel to job sites and working outside of the office setting as well as in office technical support. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company and get involved in a variety of projects for a diverse range of clients. This is a full-time position located in our Greenville, SC office.Duties/Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct field work, including soil sampling, sediment sampling, vapor testing, aquifer testing, drilling oversight and soil logging, soil boring and monitoring well installation, well development, well purging and sampling, construction oversight, groundwater, and surface water sampling.
- Use and calibrate various environmental instrumentation and equipment during field work (i.e., PID, YSI, etc.).
- Coordinate and direct drilling, surveying, and laboratory services.
- Provide construction oversight on environmental remediation projects, and operations and maintenance of environmental remediation systems.
- Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site work plans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports.
- Perform Phase I and II environmental assessments to support property transactions.
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Project Managers.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Be willing to assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- Follow directions and chain of command.
- Conduct other duties which could also include compliance auditing, occupational health and safety or storm water management depending on the candidate’s experience.
- Adhere to Site Specific Health and Safety Plans prepared for each project site. As applicable, participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and Haley & Aldrich.
- B.S. degree in Geology, Geoscience or related field (0-3 years’ experience)
- M.S. degree strongly preferred
- Course work in hydrogeology, stratigraphy, structural geology, environmental and geologic field camp
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills
- Computer skills with MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Adobe or Bluebeam and other industry standard software.
- Proficient technical writing and verbal communication skills
- OSHA 40-Hour H&S Training desirable
- Ability to work on a team and independently in a fast-paced consulting environment
- Ability to review, compile and interpret geologic data to prepare accurate site-models
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a reliable form of transportation to travel to job sites and the office.
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 800 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based seismic design methods. Visit http://www.haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.#LI-NS1