WWE seeks to hire a an engineer to observe construction and work on planning and design for water, wastewater, and stormwater projects under the guidance of a licensed professional engineer.Responsibilities include:
- Construction observations for design of water, wastewater, and stormwater projects.
- Coordinate pre-bid, pre-construction, and construction meetings. Prepare meeting reports.
- Review contractors pay applications.
- Coordinate special field testing (soils and concrete).
- Maintain accurate daily record of construction site activities and produce required reports on progress, quality, schedule, and budget status.
- Review requests for information (RFIs) and coordinate with the design engineer.
- Coordinate with other project team groups such as design and accounting.
- Work on small projects, or as support to more-senior staff on larger, more complex projects.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Civil engineering, Geotechnical engineering, or similar field.
- 2 years on-site project administration or construction inspection.
- Experience with design and construction practices.
- Experience with AutoCAD® Civil 3D®.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using computer aided design techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, and public agencies.
- Flexibility in managing job tasks as deadlines and priorities change.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with occasional overtime.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
Expected total average annual compensation (salary + bonuses + profit sharing), depending on experience, is $85,000 to $110,000.