Are you a highly motivated civil-structural design engineer or upcoming engineering graduate seeking a career opportunity where your talents are valued and encouraged to grow? Do you enjoy working on interesting and exciting projects that you can see, visit and use? Are you an outdoors enthusiast that wants to explore some of the country's best natural wonders? Join our Anchorage, Alaska, office in a career opportunity focusing on bridge and waterfront/marine structural design work. This role requires an energetic, positive individual with strong technical skills and ability to work closely and collaboratively with other engineers and a variety of clients developing calculations, drawings, specifications, and cost estimates for various projects. In this role you will:
- Assist with determining structural loads, performing structural calculations, and analysis and design of bridge and waterfront structures such as:
- Bridges (vehicle and pedestrian), gangways and trestles
- Marine Terminals
- Mooring and berthing structures
- Piers, wharves, bulkheads and quays
- Breakwaters and shore protection structures
- Assist in the development of construction drawings in AutoCAD.
- Inspect and perform condition assessments of existing structures and develop well written technical engineering reports in MS Word describing the methods of investigation, observations, and recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and technicians in the office and other offices to perform work in other related fields such as, site-civil design, surveying, environmental engineering, and permitting.
- B.S. degree (M.S. preferred) in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis from an ABET-accredited engineering school.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.) exam within six months of hire.
- Familiarity with structural analysis software (RISA 3D, SAP, etc.) and AutoCAD experience.
- Proven team player with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and ability to think and perform work independently.
- Willingness and ability to perform any and all tasks including design, site assessments, inspections, marketing, and administrative duties.
- Knowledge of structural loads, load paths, relevant design codes/standards, specifications, contract documents, and constructability.
- Experience designing structures utilizing structural steel, wood, concrete and masonry materials.
- Strong communication skills - technical writing and oral communication skills necessary to communicate with clients, coworkers, and contractors.
- Strong desire and self-motivated to continue learning in areas of structural design, advances in knowledge of material behavior and design of materials.
- Willingness to travel on an occasional basis.
- Valid U.S. driver's license, good driving record, and vehicle insurance.
When you join PND Engineers, you become part of one of the country’s premier civil/structural consulting engineering firms. Now in our 43rd year of operations, we are a young firm, and we will retain the perspective of a young company as we continually adapt and innovate to meet our clients’ changing needs in an evolving market. Join our focused, ambitious, and energetic team of just over 100 across several offices in Alaska, Washington, Oregon and Texas. PND offers a competitive benefit package including overtime premium; discretionary bonus; paid vacation and holidays; comprehensive health (medical, dental, and vision) plans; life and disability insurance; and an exceptional, industry-leading 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan.