Overview: SUMMIT Engineering, Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) Company has an opening in our Environmental Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
Build your future as a Staff Professional at SUMMIT Engineering, Laboratory & Testing, Inc., A Universal Engineering Sciences Company. As one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the nation, we’re looking for bold new talent to grow along with us. We believe in the value of hard work. If you’re known for your unmatched work ethic, reliability, and willingness to work in a team, you have the foundation needed to receive training and paid certifications. Position Summary: Your role as an Environmental Staff Professional will put you at the forefront of projects that are transforming communities. You will be supporting the Environmental Managers by assisting in preparing asbestos bulk, asbestos air, mold tape lifts and mold air samples and data; preparing environmental reports, sample analysis. With various environmental testing projects, you will gain the knowledge and experience necessary to take your skills to the next level.
- Travel to various job sites in a company provided vehicle
- Conduct various environmental tasks including: asbestos inspections, air monitoring, soil & groundwater sampling, SWPPP Inspections, soil-gas sampling, soil boring and well installation, Phase I & Phase II environmental site assessments, underground storage tank removals and closures, erosion and sediment control inspecting, lead, radon and mold testing and investigation
- Collect field sample data
- Conduct various laboratory environmental tasks including PLM, PCM and mold lab analyses
- Provide support to Environmental Managers
- Assist to develop and manage projects
- Create and update reports
- Schedule project testing and additional field work
- Complete accurate and detailed field-testing reports and/or diagrams
- Maintain communication with technicians, contractors and other project managers
- Other duties as assigned
This position offers career advancement such as paid certifications and training.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions such as wet and/or humid environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work environments
- 25-75% travel and field work and the remainder of time will be in the office or lab
- Field work on outside construction sites involving long-term standing, sitting and repetitive motions
- Ability to use your senses to see (including close, distant and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus), smell, hear and touch (use your hands to reach, climb or balance, crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit)
- Travel is expected, including potential overnights. Some weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be required. You may be required to drive hundreds of miles per day. Per diems may be granted, based on travel.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move/shake up to 40lbs (soil and/or concrete tests and related apparatus); frequently lift and/or move up to 60lbs (soil and sand samples, and nuclear density equipment); and occasionally move more than 100lbs. (such as a loaded wheelbarrow of concrete samples)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record
- BS or BA in Environmental Science, Geology or Engineering
- 1-3 years Environmental experience
- Preferred: Valid certifications in Asbestos, Mold, Lead Base Pain, Radon and/or SWPPP inspections
- Ability to read, write and use technology including phone and computer
Who We Are: UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level. Growing in ExcellenceAs the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60 branches and 2,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us. Why Work at UES?We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you. Check out our website: https://universalengineering.com/Follow us on social media: LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube#GroundedInExcellence
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.