Dare to join Englobe At nearly 3,000 people, Englobe is one of Canada’s premier firms specializing in professional engineering services, environmental sciences, and soil and biomass treatment.With offices located across Canada, the United Kingdom and France, we are conveniently located to support large- and small-scale projects, through different stages, in many sectors. Offering a range of value-added services that run the gamut from professional consulting services to turnkey project implementation, Englobe has developed a reputation for integrity, credibility, and people-centered values. When you choose Englobe, you’re choosing a team with a wide range of expertise and a shared concern for the environment and the sustainable development of their communities. At Englobe, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. We have built a culture of caring and are sincerely committed to diversity and inclusion. In practice, this means we take care of every aspect of the employee experience. And that’s not all... Taking initiative and seizing opportunities for professional development are encouraged. We believe that great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere! At Englobe, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and excel. We offer
- A full range of benefits (group insurance with shared costs upon hiring, group RRSP);
- A telemedicine virtual healthcare service;
- An annual reimbursement of sports expenses;
- Opportunities for skills development;
- Flexible hours and ability to compress working hours;
- Internal policy to encourage teleworking.
Choose the path of impact. Join us in creating a positive legacy.
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will lead project engineer on projects supplying geotechnical exploratory, design, forensic, laboratory testing, construction management and inspection/testing services to Energy, Institutional, Transportation, Industrial, Commercial, Communication, and Residential clients. More specifically, you will:
- Manage geotechnical projects by managing cost and timing, controlling quality on deliverables and ensuring the projects profitability;Plan, monitor and carry out geotechnical studies involving: drilling and/or exploration wells, soil sampling, monitoring of well and piezometer installations and in-situ tests;
- Co-ordinate and review the technical work of the project teams;
- Participate in carrying out geotechnical work on site;
- Participate actively in the design, development and inspection of geotechnical projects;
- Supervise site inspectors;
- Carry out the technical, financial and administrative follow-up of projects;
- Provide clients with follow-up on project advancement and challenges;
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams;
- Participate in the preparation of offers of professional services including the technical and financial components;
Englobe adheres to the principles of employment equity, including that of equal opportunity and equal treatment in respect to employment, in accordance with the provisions of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and its provincial equivalent. Englobe makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications and competencies, merit and business needs.
Englobe is committed to providing accommodation to, and working with, applicants with disabilities, to meet their needs throughout the recruitment selection and/or assessment process. Applicants with disabilities requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources with their request and information on the position(s) they seek to apply.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Health and safety are at the heart of Englobe’s corporate culture. In order to provide our employees with a safe working environment in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in light of the growing number of clients making vaccination a prerequisite to access their sites and facilities, all Englobe employees are required to confirm their vaccination status through a secure online form. For some positions, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. This condition will be communicated to you if it applies to your role during the interview.