Do you value thinking outside of the box, bold risk-taking and freedom from tradition? Smart, optimistic, influential, persuasive – qualities we admire and look for in our people. We are a “best places to work” with incredible company culture, excellent pay, benefits and perks, and meaningful projects that enhance quality of life for millions of people every day. Sound interesting? Please read on: Wood Rodgers, a progressive multi-disciplinary civil engineering and consulting firm, is looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Pleasanton Transportaton Division. This is a high-growth opportunity position for someone that enjoys transportation design and would like to grow into business development. What you will be doing
- Performing or guiding the design and technical analysis of the project(s) assigned. Makes sound decisions on technical problems and methods related to the work being performed based on established engineering principles and guidelines, and supervisory guidance.
- Serves as project engineer, defining the scope of the project, developing budget and schedule estimates, performing feasibility studies, managing staff, and providing training.
- Monitoring project progress status, compliance with approved scope, and informing all parties of the same.
- Reviewing proposed changes for impact on the project design, budget or schedule.
- Preparing reports and presentations that provide raw technical data in a concise and comprehensible manner.
- Consults with clients, engineers within other departments, and external project team members as a representative regarding assigned projects. Acts as the point of contact for inquiries regarding the project.
- Completes documentation of projects accurately and timely.
- May act as a technical providing training and outside presentations to clients, peers, and engineering community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 7+ years of experience performing transportation related engineering work; or, equivalent education and experience
- P.E. License Required
Things you should know or have
- Caltrans and Local Transportation Agency Design Experience
- Solid project management skills; able to critically analyze and creatively solve issues
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to plan and direct the work of subordinates; effectively supervise, coach and train
- Proficient with related software and tools required to complete all job duties, including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and MicroStation