Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work. Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Project Engineer to join its collaborative team in Salt Lake City, Utah. This individual will serve a key function in managing client interaction, providing staff training and project leadership, preparation of technical reports, specifications, plans, designing foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner cross-functionally with top industry leadership in a rapidly growing region.
- Preparation of technical reports, specifications, construction plans, and geotechnical recommendations;
- Preparation of proposals, coordinating projects, managing clients and managing billings;
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and review of work for staff;
- Support of excavation designs and Plaxis 3D analysis;
- Log borings and perform observation during construction projects;
- Perform and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Monitor budgets, schedules, and project timelines; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field;
- Professional Engineer licensure;
- 10+ years related geotechnical experience;
- Prior experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspections;
- Office experience with investigation and field work coordination, geotechnical reports, and specification writing;
- Prior field experience in: earthwork, driven and drilled pile construction, load testing, footings subgrade and backfill inspection, ground improvements, retaining wall design and construction, and excavation support system design and inspection;
- Desired software knowledge: gINT, Slide/SLOPE/W, PLAXIS, LPILE, GRLWEAP, MSEW, SHAKE;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Some field work is required; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement. Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more! Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City