Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression: Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.Our West geography is looking for an experienced Civil Engineer to play a key role on a variety of exciting site development and civil infrastructure projects. This position can be based in San Francisco, Los Angeles or Seattle.In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading design of site development, utilities, roadway, drainage and other key elements of civil engineering projects
- Overseeing the production of design documents and leading a team of civil engineers working on a variety of projects
- Working with the local agencies and understanding their land use and building permit processes
- Coordinating with associated disciplines including SMEP, architecture and landscape architecture, geotechnical engineering, transportation planning, urban planning, environmental engineering, and cost engineering
- Performing construction phase engineering support and site supervision
- Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings
- Participating in proposal writing and marketing activities
- Developing relationships with existing clients and project collaborators
- Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
- Mentoring staff and providing training to junior technical staff
The Qualified Professional will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Current California PE license preferred
- 8+ years of experience in civil engineering/site development
- Sound knowledge of core civil engineering fundamentals such as hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, low impact development, utilities coordination, minor structural design, and accessibility standards.
- Working knowledge of civil engineering design and analysis software
- Experience working with local authorities and navigating their building permit processes
- Experience managing project delivery
- Experience interfacing with contractors and project owners
- A commitment to sustainable design practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to build consensus among clients and teammates alike
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- A desire to have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. Benefits that Work - At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement - Arup requires all new employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Arup is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to Arup.
Flexible Working - We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]