DescriptionTaylor Engineering, Inc. seeks a Marine Structures Engineer with 4-10 years of experience to work in any of our Florida locations (Destin, Sarasota, Tampa, or Jacksonville). This position will support our interdisciplinary structural, coastal, water resources, and environmental team members in the design development and construction of multiple port/marine terminal and waterfront projects.Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and design marine structures such as ship terminals, seawalls, bulkheads, marine foundations, docks, piers, marinas, boat ramps, and shoreline protection projects.
- Prepare drawings, technical specifications, and contract documents for marine facilities.
- Communicate with various municipality, utility, and government regulatory agencies.
- Conduct field observations and assist with technical oversight for construction projects.
- Successfully manage tasks on multiple projects; ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Maintain strong, long-term client relationships.
- Participate in business development activities to seek and attain new waterfront and marine structures clients.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering in Civil Engineering or other applicable engineering disciplines; preferably with Master of Science in Civil Engineering or other applicable disciplines
- 4-10 years of experience in waterfronts and marine structures engineering or with similar heavy civil infrastructure engineering projects
- Registration: Florida Professional Engineer (PE) or Florida Structural Engineer (SE) or ability to attain license within two years
- Experience with dredging and dredged material management systems is a plus
- Experience in concrete design, pre-stressed concrete design, steel design, timber design, piling design, and aluminum design in accordance with applicable codes
- Experience with STAAD PRO, AllPile, LPile, SupportIT, and Ensoft Group and/or other similar software design packages is a plus
- Organized with the ability to multi-task
- Motivated, takes initiative, and pays attention to detail
- Possesses excellent writing skills with the ability to efficiently prepare technical reports
- Possess effective analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop design calculations and to interpret and spot issues in complex technical information, designs, and drawings
- Energetic and detail-oriented team player
- Lifting up to (35) pounds unassisted
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Possesses acceptable vision (with or without corrective lenses) to be able to see and navigate a computer screen
- Ability to go into the field and construction sites
Who are we?Here at Taylor Engineering, we are a team. We succeed together. On rare occasions, we fail together, but when that happens, we recover from and learn from our mistakes together. We are a group of professionals in a business casual, team member-focused environment. We support career growth and personal development. We work hard, and we play hard—doing both while always upholding our Vision and Values. We are servant leaders, seeking to help our clients and the community at large. We are quirky, sometimes comical, and if you strive to be your best, you belong with us.BenefitsYou are not a number at Taylor and our benefit plans show we take care of our people. From flextime to playtime and from the boardroom to the classroom, you’ll find a slew of policies and programs designed to benefit you. We offer medical and dental at no cost to the employee, vision, group life, medical leave, short- and long-term disability, accrued paid leave, 401k match, as well as…
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program
- Generous PTO
- Licensure, training, continuing education, and tuition reimbursement
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flextime scheduling and work from home options
- Seven paid holidays and two floating holidays
- Wellness incentives and monthly fitness reimbursement
- Health savings account, flexible spending account, and health reimbursement options
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Relocation reimbursement package (if necessary)
LocationFloridaConsidering relocating to or within the state of Florida? No need to wait until retirement to enjoy the sunny and warm climate, world-renowned beaches, and attractions. Florida is one of a few states that charges no state income tax, and our cost of living typically trends below the national average, depending on where you decide to call home.Taylor Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.