Do you want to help engineer what’s next?Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is a national engineering firm committed to delivering holistic advice for our clients’ most complex challenges. We leverage our collective and diverse experience, technical expertise, and industry knowledge of structures and building enclosures, advanced analysis, code consulting, and applied science & research to deliver unrivaled, comprehensive solutions that drive superior performance. With more than 600 employees in eight office locations throughout the United States, SGH’s industry-leading teams constantly seek to advance the meaning of what’s possible.We want someone passionate about civil engineering and problem solving.The ideal candidate will support the continued development of a wide array of site/civil engineering services within SGH. S/he will be expected to support our work in site layout, grading, roadway and utility design, hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, stormwater management, and erosion and sedimentation control; including the preparation of calculations, drawings, specifications, and written technical reports; and to engage in construction administration activities.What You'll Do:
- Perform a wide range of civil engineering analysis, design, and investigation involving industrial sites, building sites, bridges, roadways and multi-use paths.
- Work on projects that may include:
- Preparation of construction documents, specifications, written reports, and cost estimates for a wide range of civil engineering projects.
- Design and evaluation of site grading and layout, utilities, hydrology and hydraulics, and erosion and sedimentation control.
- Evaluation of existing and design of proposed stormwater drainage systems including design of Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Evaluation of existing and design of proposed utility systems.
- Evaluation of existing pavement and proposed repairs.
- Support SGH’s Building Technology group; prepare designs for plaza drainage systems, sub-slab dewatering systems, and footing drainage systems.
- Support SGH’s new Building Design Group; prepare civil/site plans for new construction and site redevelopment.
- Prepare site and utility layout for industrial and utility transmission sites.
- Perform site visits to evaluate and design repairs to existing site/civil infrastructure.
- Investigation of retaining wall, pavement, stormwater, and sewer problems.
- Leveraging Civil3D capabilities in support of various internal SGH groups
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required.
- MS in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or willing to pursue MS; educational support available for MS in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering program.
- 0-5 years of engineering experience.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification preferred.
- Experience with Autodesk Civil 3d preferred.
- Experience with the set-up, organization, and production of plan sets, including plan and profile sheets utilizing Civil3D is beneficial.
- Familiar with civil/site permitting requirements is beneficial.
- Familiarity with computer analysis software (e.g., XPStorm or XPSWMM, Civil 3d, AutoCAD, AutoTurn, HydroCAD, etc.) is beneficial.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
- Must be willing to travel on occasion.
Why Engineers Like Working at SGH:
- Our work: Our clients trust us with their most challenging projects and we leverage our collective expertise to deliver exceptional results. At SGH, you will develop innovative solutions for the built environment by working with industry thought leaders and accessing the latest in testing, research, and technology.
- Our people: We are people of high character and diverse talents who are committed to lifelong learning and professional growth. As part of our team, you will join peers who love solving difficult problems and strive to be outstanding in everything they do.
- Our commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back. Here, you can help advance our profession by contributing to industry organizations, committees, standards, and procedures. Within our communities, we strive to improve neighborhoods and mentor our future leaders.
- Our contribution: At SGH, you have access to a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply.