Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in dam, water resource, geotechnical and tunnel engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities we live in and support are a vital part of who we are and what we offer. Founded in 1956, Schnabel has experienced tremendous success and growth through its dedication to excellence in client service, high quality, and value-added solutions. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 10 Dams and Reservoirs Design Firm. Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides our 450 employees in 22 offices throughout the United States with competitive benefits packages, including health, dental, life and disability. Engagement in Schnabel’s wellness program offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and the firm rewards employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.Job Description:Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a fun atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. The Denver, Colorado office is seeking a Project/Senior Dam Engineer with expertise and practical experience in one or more disciplines related to dam engineering (i.e. hydrology, hydraulics; geotechnical engineering; or structural engineering) to support our growing office and region. We are looking for experienced, motivated candidates with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong multi-disciplinary team. The Denver office of Schnabel focuses on the evaluation and design of dams, structures, and facilities as well as advancing our practice of risk informed decision making within our dam engineering group. Example projects include the inspection, evaluation and design of embankment and concrete dams, spillways, outlet works, and instrumentation, and performing risk assessments for dam owners for sites located across the United States.Job Responsibilities:Perform the following dam engineering tasks:
- Provide engineering expertise, technical oversight and overall management of dam engineering projects. Engineering services may include inspection, investigation, evaluation, design and construction of existing and new dams, reservoirs, and hydraulic structures.
- Prepare and review of design calculations, engineering reports, construction drawings, and technical specifications.
- Manage client relationships.
- Develop engineering proposals and qualification statements.
- Perform project management activities including planning and delegating work, managing project budgets, invoicing, communicating resource needs and reporting backlog.
- Work as a team member within the Denver office and across other Schnabel offices to effectively balance workload among available resources.
- Supervise and mentor junior engineers.
- Prefer willingness to travel, with some overnight travel.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or other related engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited program.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 5 to 15 years of relevant work experience in hydrologic/hydraulic analyses, geotechnical and/or structural engineering, with specific emphasis in dam design.
- Licensed Professional Engineer and the ability to obtain reciprocity.
- Experience/proficiency with common computer-aided analysis and modeling programs applicable to dam engineering.
- Experience preparing and reviewing construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Experience and knowledge of applicable state and federal dam safety design methodologies, policies and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and the desire to perform professionally at a high level.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Attention to detail and well-organized
For candidates in Colorado the salary range is between $75,000 to $125,000.EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)