Civil/Structural EngineerWhy join us?We are hiring! We are looking for a Civil/Structural Engineer to join our team. This position locations are in Portland, ME, Albany, NY, and Massachusetts but are open to Hybrid or Remote work within the US.The Civil/Structural Engineer reports to our Engineering Manager and the position requires working independently on fast paced technically complex design projects. Civil/Structural Engineers are responsible for supporting or leading substation engineering project teams, with the development of in-ground and above-ground civil/foundation and structural calculations, plans and details.About Us:SNC-Lavalin is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States. SNC-Lavalin has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.How will you contribute to the team?
- Work within a multi-discipline team to develop and/or review efficient and reliable civil/structural design packages for medium and high voltage substations.
- Lead Substation civil/structural design to develop and/or review civil site development, foundations, equipment support structures, control buildings, ancillary structures, material lists, etc.
- Perform design studies/calculations and demonstrate a good working knowledge of physical substation design.
- Coordinate design activities to maintain project schedules, budget, quality requirements to ensure successful project completion.
- Assist in site visits and station walkdowns, estimating, and attending project meetings.
- Accountable to provide design activities in accordance with applicable codes and standards, including SNC-Lavalin’s policies and procedures, such as Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Prepare specifications for material, equipment, and construction work Deliver accurate and thorough civil/structural designs that will meet industry standards and specifications and meet prudent engineering practices Review internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
- Coordinate design activities with other multi-discipline project team members Provide construction support including resolving site queries, attending site meetings, and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
- Maintain complete project documentation with respect to engineering studies and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Maintain good working relationship with internal groups that support projects such as other engineering disciplines, Drafting, Project Management etc.
- Mentor and provide guidance to developing engineers within the department.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience focused on the development of civil/structural engineering for Senior positions. Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience focused on the development of civil/structural engineering for Intermediate positions.
- A Professional Engineer (PE) registration (or eligible for registration)
- Prior utility or utility consulting experience is a plus.
- Strong client focus.
- A high level of interpersonal communication skills, including a strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable industry standards including IEEE, ANSI, NERC, and FERC regulations.
- Ability to perform independently and in a team environment and provide project ownership.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, as well as other typical structural design software.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Additional hours may be necessary as workload dictates
- Travel to client sites may be required
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.