About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering Inc. is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to support a challenging variety of projects across the United States. The candidate will work with collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams to develop engineering solutions from conceptualization through production of deliverables. The successful applicant will have excellent theoretical knowledge of engineering principles and practical construction experience.Responsibilities include:
- Performing geotechnical and structural design calculations, laboratory testing, performing research activities
- Numerical modeling (FLAC and Plaxis)
- Preparing presentations, reports, and design reviews.
- Candidate must be a professional, creative self-starter with strong communication skills.
- Must work well with engineers, technicians, and other staff in office and across geographies
This position is part-time 30+ hours per week.*LI-JK1.
- M.S. degree in Civil Engineering is a minimum. PhD preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required due to client requirements
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of relevant technical experience in the field of Civil/Geotechnical Engineering of marine, dam and levee structures
- Fundamental and advanced engineering skills including mechanics of materials, statics, dynamics, fluid mechanics, structural design, and soil mechanics are necessary for this position
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with geotechnical site characterization using drilling, testing, and instrumentation data
- Knowledge of concrete, steel, and USACE/BOR design requirements
- Experience with numerical modelling including FLAC & Plaxis
- Experience with data integration and BIM
- Profession Engineering licensure, NCEES stature preferred
- Project/Task Management experience is a plus
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United States-Kentucky-Lexington
: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
: RegularBusinessClass: Dams Levees Civil Works
: Sep 3, 2021