About UsAt HDR | Hurley Palmer Flatt, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR | HPF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward. HDR | Hurley Palmer Flatt is looking for a Civil/Geotechnical Engineer based at the HDR office in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Applicants must demonstrate a relevant engineering/environmental academic background, qualified to BSc/BEng level ideally with a post graduate qualification. A full UK driving license is required. We are looking for an experienced consultant/engineer who can demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of ground investigations and associated engineering geology and contaminated land assessments. Soft skills such as punctuality, flexibility, willingness to travel and the ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and clients are also essential. Responsibilities
- Designing, supervising and managing intrusive civil and geotechnical projects. This will include fieldwork at locations across the UK.
- Overseeing all technical aspects for projects including contaminated land assessment, geotechnical engineering and remediation options appraisal.
- Technical engagement with and input into the wider civil engineering requirements of the business such as earthworks and drainage design.
- Logging of rock and soils to current UK industry standards.
- Ability to instruct laboratories regarding chemical and geotechnical testing requirements.
- Prepare detailed factual and interpretive reports.
- Support tender preparation and business development activities.
- Produce desk study reports.
- Create conceptual site models in tabular and graphical format.
Skills and Experience
- BSc / BEng degree in Civil/Geology /Geosciences or related discipline.
- MSc / MEng an advantage.
- 3+ years’ work experience with an engineering / environmental consultancy.
Why HDR | Hurley Palmer FlattAt HDR | Bradbrook Consulting, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR | HPF, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United Kingdom-England-Berkhamsted
: RegularBusinessClass: Building Site Civil
: Sep 3, 2021