About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR | WRECO is an award-winning engineering consulting firm established in 1995 with offices in Walnut Creek, Elk Grove, Los Angeles, Oakland, Roseville, and San Jose, CA. We provide consulting engineering services in the fields of civil engineering, environmental compliance, geotechnical engineering, and water resources.Our Elk Grove office has an immediate need for a full-time Senior Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist This Position Requires:The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Planning, implementing, and managing geotechnical and geologic projects.
- Coordinating permits, rights of access, and utility locating.
- Logging boring and test trenches.
- Performing field mapping.
- Guiding staff engineers and geologist in performing material characterization, seepage, slope stability, and settlement analyses, foundation and retaining wall design.
- Preparing reports, memos, and specifications.
- Supporting project manager in budget management, client updates, and general project management tasks.
- Possession of an outgoing and positive attitude, and dependable work ethic to meet all assigned project deadlines.
- Display of strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines. Sense of humor a plus.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or Geology with emphasis in geotechnical engineering.
- 5+ years of professional experience pertaining to field work (soil logging/field mapping), foundation design, settlement analysis, seismic analysis, and report writing.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences in both written and verbal formats.
- California P.E. or C.E.G. license, or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture
- M.S. in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering, or Engineering Geology strongly preferred.
- Experience with transportation related projects, especially bridge foundation, retaining walls, storm damage, and pavement design.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United States-California-Sacramento
: Highway + Road
: RegularBusinessClass: Geotechnical
: Sep 3, 2021