At Haley & Aldrich, our goal is to deliver exceptional service to our clients and our communities. And we know that to do so, we need diverse and unconventional thinkers. That’s why we foster a culture that provides collaboration, flexibility, and support – so our staff can bring their unique value to bear and explore the areas they’re passionate about. Are you looking to work in an environment where you can be your authentic self and work on projects that are meaningful to you?We are looking to add new talent to our emerging geochemical team! We are currently seeking a Staff Geochemical Scientist to who wants to help grow and be an integral part of an emerging geochemical practice. The ideal candidate will work in a technical modeling role while supporting highly skilled professionals on diverse mining project teams in a dynamic environment. This is a full-time position located in our Boise, ID office – consideration for other Intermountain areas.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Be classically trained in geochemical modelling software PHREEQC or Geochemists Workbench
- Have a strong conceptual understanding of fate and transport mechanisms for inorganic constituents in groundwater and surface water.
- Work in the field 30-40% collecting environmental samples, document logging cores in situ, mineralogic characterization, redox investigations, environmental tracer investigations, formulation of conceptual site models, drilling oversight, groundwater monitoring well installations, and performing geochemical field investigations of abandoned mine lands, legacy mining sites, and active mining sites.
- Summarize details, observations, technical procedures and/or project assignment requirements for senior or project personnel.
- Partner with and support Haley & Aldrich staff members on a wide variety of the geochemical aspects of the projects to address client goals and objectives.
- Work and schedule resources collaboratively with project teams.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of geochemical field investigation programs, including subsurface explorations and laboratory testing.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, visualize, manage, and report geochemical data, using data management software and other tools.
- Assist in identifying technical issues and the development design recommendations.
- Conduct geochemical analyses.
- Draft written reports, memoranda, daily/weekly field reports and specifications.
- Contribute to development of proposals and cost estimates to clients.
- Perform all work in accordance with company and client Health & Safety protocols.
- Comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter.
- Minimum M.S. degree in Inorganic Geochemistry (Environmental Chemistry and other Geoscience’s degrees will be considered)
- Experience with geochemical modeling
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and MSHA Training preferred
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to convey observations and produce accurate and concise field notes, logs, data sheets and reports on daily activities including construction projects
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and executing subsurface investigation and laboratory testing programs
- Familiarity and interest with geology, mineralogy, environmental remediation and construction is a plus
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have a reliable form of transportation to travel to job sites and the office, and the ability to travel out of town for temporary work assignments
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to work with project teams spread across many geographies
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. unassisted
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 700 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based seismic design methods. Visit http://www.haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.