Arcadis is looking for a Roadway Design Engineer to join our Transportation group in Atlanta, GA. This position requires attention to detail, exceptional organization skills, strong work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible, possessing the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our team locally with support from one of the best qualified consulting firms in the country. In this position you will utilize your technical knowledge as part of our local project team, developing innovative solutions throughout the national market. This is an excellent opportunity with great potential for growth!At Arcadis, we put our people first. We create an environment where all our people can be at their best and we invest in them to build the workforce of the future. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, medical/dental/vision plans and a matching 401(k). Arcadis proudly offers flexible work schedules, professional development opportunities, as well as leadership development programs.Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering design including geometric design of highways and streets, rail design, drainage design (hydrology and hydraulics) and completion of construction engineering and inspection tasks.
- Complete transportation planning reports, roadway safety studies and general traffic engineering projects.
- Collect, compile and analyze data including traffic, highway and crash histories.
- Assist in the development of models, figures, reports, and engineering plans for designs.
- Prepare construction plans and project displays.
- Assist in roadway design including roadway alignments, cross-sections, drainage, maintenance of traffic and erosion and sedimentation control.
- Prepare cost estimates, reports and technical memos.
- Collecting field data, which could include conducting field observations.
- Supporting environmental compliance tasks at client owned facilities.
- Infrastructure projects related to water resources, such as levees, floodgates, hydraulic structures, erosion prevention and sediment control and other stormwater projects.
- Prepare memorandums that summarize analysis work.
- Knowledge of fundamental transportation standards
- Familiarity with state and FHWA design standards, guidelines and policies
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Access
- Experience with computer programs such as MicroStation, Geopak, ArcGIS, InRoads, various CAD, OpenRoads Designer.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or another closely related field
- 2 or more years of related experience
- EIT Certification
Why Choose Arcadis? Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life. Transportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets – through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world’s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow – today. EEO statementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.