Arcadis, is currently searching for experienced Geotechnical Engineer, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience focused on flood control infrastructure design & construction to support our Water Division's Water Management/Hydraulic Structures Team. This position will be working onsite at the client office in Galveston, TX. Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising and scheduling geotechnical engineering staff and providing technical direction, oversight, and detail checking of geotechnical calculations.
- Conducting inspections and engineering assessments, participating in Potential Failure Modes Analyses, risk assessments, feasibility studies, and evaluation of rehabilitation alternatives for flood control infrastructure.
- Planning and conducting field exploration and laboratory testing programs.
- Performing geotechnical analyses and design, including but not limited to seepage analysis, static and seismic stability analysis, liquefaction analysis, foundation and settlement analysis, and filter compatibility analysis, and preparing technical reports.
- Design and analyses of heavy civil and earthen structures and preparing design/bid packages for permitting/construction, and coordinating and overseeing construction administration, and inspection services.
- Designing installation and data evaluation for instrumentation systems at at levees, spillways, outlet works, and slopes.
- Supporting business development activities in flood control infrastructure and Hydraulic Structures Practice, including, but not limited to client meetings and presentations, preparation of SOQ materials, and preparation of proposals.
- Geotechnical field investigation and laboratory testing
- Geotechnical analyses for levees, and other hydraulic structures, including but not limited to seepage, static and seismic stability analysis, liquefaction analysis, deformation analysis, foundation and settlement analysis, filter compatibility analysis, and the use of finite element/difference programs.
- Remedial measures for existing structures, such as drains and filters, earthworks, grouting, cutoff walls, micro-pile and anchor design, ground improvement, roller compacted concrete, spillway enlargement or rehabilitation.
- Detail oriented, with experience in preparing design calculations and drawings, and accustomed to producing high quality work.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to fluently communicate to clients and present technical information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Geotechnical, Structural, or related field, with Master’s degree preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer, and ability to obtain license in selected states.
- A minimum of 5 years of geotechnical experience with emphasis on the investigation and analysis of flood control infrastructure and other heavy civil projects.
Why Choose Arcadis? Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life. Water is the world’s most critical resource. At Arcadis, we work tirelessly to help protect this natural resource, focusing on the entire water cycle. From source to tap, managing rivers and coast zones, urban and rural water supply, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels, our specialists, engineers and scientists help address all of the challenges facing water. Using cutting-edge technologies, collaborating to develop innovative solutions and tapping into global learning development resources, we are uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water services that support the demand of a rapidly changing world. Join our team to start improving quality of life today. EEO statementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.