Arcadis is seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our National Bridge Group in the Atlanta, GA office. In this position you will serve as a technical lead for infrastructure projects and direct the work of junior engineering staff and CAD technicians. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your design expertise and management skills as part of an industry leading firm built on a culture of collaboration. This position may work remotely on multi-state projects. At Arcadis, we put our people first. We create an environment where all our people can be at their best and we invest in them to build the workforce of the future. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, medical/dental/vision plans and a matching 401(k). Arcadis proudly offers flexible work schedules, professional development opportunities, as well as leadership development programs. Key Attributes
- Experience with GDOT design criteria and standards
- Proficiency with structural engineering software packages such as: LEAP Bridge Enterprise(CONSPAN and RCPier specifically), PG Super, MathCAD, Microstation, Microsoft Office
- Complex bridge design experience
- Experience with Alternative Delivery projects
- Bridge rehabilitation experience
- Excellent technical skills in the design of bridges and other transportation related structures
- Experience with AASHTO LRFD
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and oversight.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work on multiple unique assignments simultaneouslyMust be able to provide direction to junior level staff inside of the project team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively convey information to technical and non-technical individuals.
- A valid driver’s license
- 10 or more years bridge design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Registrations/Certifications required: PE
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering
Why Choose Arcadis? Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life. Transportation, quite literally, makes the world go around. But rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and sensitivity to the natural environment demand an innovative approach to advance the future of mobility in all its forms and functions. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets – through innovation and transformational thinking. Together, we will solve some of the world’s most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help meet the demands of tomorrow – today. EEO statementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.