In collaboration with the Fugro Chair in Geotechnics, the Laboratory Technical Authority will assist Fugro’s Global Director of Geotechnical Laboratory Services in building strategies for developing value-adding solutions and capabilities for laboratories in the region and globally.Job Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a close relationship with universities in the region to pursue the development of new solutions in line with Fugro’s long-term strategy.
- Tap into the resources available in the technical communities to improve testing and processing methods.
- Initiate, lead, and actively participate in the research and development (R&D) projects conducted at Fugro to improve test methods and to develop and modify testing equipment to measure extra parameters.
- Elicit and understand the needs of internal and external clients and propose solutions to serve those needs. Complement existing solutions with proposals for improving value through innovative methods.
- Showcase new solutions and capabilities through publications in peer-reviewed scientific papers, presentations in related institutions (e.g., SUT, OES, ASCE, ICE), and with clients. Publish a minimum of one conference paper per year or one journal paper every two years in well-known conferences or journals.
- Embrace, collect and nurture innovative ideas from colleagues at all levels and facilitate their development.
- Perform, process, and control the quality of tests as necessary for the advancement of innovation.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge to the lower-tier laboratories in the region and act as a subject-matter expert.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training content.
- Set Fugro standards for laboratory testing equipment and identify products that meet these standards.
- Assist the laboratory teams in their region in maintaining and expanding the scope of accreditation.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess a PhD. in Civil Engineering or Geomechanics.
- 6 years or more of direct experience in laboratory testing or consultancy (inclusive of time spent on PhD.).
- Previous physical modeling or testing experience (e.g., laboratory element testing, sediment transportation, centrifuge testing, large-scale physical modeling, in situ testing).
- Numerical and analytical modeling experience preferred.
- Knowledge of soil behavior and foundation engineering issues.
- Working unsupervised and taking ownership of tasks.
- Excellent in teamwork and communication within the team.
- Troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Familiarity with programming (e.g., Phyton, Matlab, VBA).
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on-the-job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.BenefitsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer-matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or [email protected]