The Geoscience Intern contributes to marine site investigation reporting by performing directed interpretation of various geological, geophysical, and geotechnical data under close supervision; develops technical skills and knowledge of Fugro Reconsulting’s procedures, computer software, and services.Job Responsibilities:
- Interprets marine site investigation geophysical/geologic data and assimilates with geotechnical and offset well data using a computer workstation
- Accurately maps, grids, contours, and appropriately present geologic surfaces, discontinuities, and other features from geophysical data using various computer software applications
- Prepares data examples and graphics, and works closely with GIS personnel to facilitate presentation-quality charts, contributes to technical reports
- Works with management and supervisors to identify own learning and development needs and further develops own technical knowledge relative to Fugro’s core business
- Complies with QMS and HSE requirements
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions.
- B.S. degree completed and working toward an M.S degree or higher in geoscience; some background in geophysics, oceanography, and/or engineering geology is preferred.
- No full-time industry experience is required, but some practical work experience is preferred.
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite.
- Preferred basic skill level with IHS Kingdom, ArcGIS, Global Mapper, and CorelDraw.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on-the-job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.BenefitsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer-matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or [email protected]