Fugro’s Houston Geotechnical Laboratory is one of the largest geotechnical laboratories in the world, specializing in dynamic soil testing for the offshore wind and oil and gas market. Currently, the laboratory is undergoing a major expansion to keep up with the unique testing requirements and growing demand of the offshore wind market. The Laboratory Team Leader will manage the standard testing areas in the geotechnical laboratory, including day-to-day supervision of technicians and prioritizing their work, ensuring that testing is performed as efficiently as possible and is consistent with maintaining the highest levels of safety and testing standards in accordance with laboratory and published procedures.Job Responsibilities:
- Manage and perform standard geotechnical testing to the highest levels of safety and quality in accordance with published standards.
- Ensure that standard testing technicians are trained, coached, and continually develop. appropriate skill levels to ensure that all test methods are performed in a safe and reliable manner.
- In conjunction with the quality manager, audit and approve staff for performing all standard tests.
- Where possible develop new working practices and methods to improve the efficiency of standard testing.
- Ensure that all equipment used in the standard testing areas of the laboratory is working, calibrated, and properly maintained.
- Assist in maintaining accreditation and promote good QA/QC practices for the laboratory.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions.
- Possess an Associate degree or higher in Geology, Engineering, or Physical Science preferred.
- 3 or more years of direct Geotechnical lab testing experience.
- Experience Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in using Excel Spreadsheets with embedded macros.
- Extensive knowledge of advanced geotechnical testing applications.
- Able to work with chemicals, samples, equipment involved in testing.
- Able to operate testing equipment, able to perform equipment checks and calibrations in accordance with company procedures.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on-the-job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.BenefitsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer-matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or [email protected]