The Principal Engineer/Northern CA Manager will manage group including 30+ world class geotechnical engineers, geologists, environmental engineers, and geophysicists, in addition to supporting the growth of the exploration business. This individual should be able to perform independently on projects of higher complexity when required and scope by coordinating and supervising lower level professionals in the completion of the project. This individual will be responsible for the supervision of site investigations and laboratory programs. The Principal Engineer must have a proven track record in business development and generating work with specific expertise in at least one market sector in the San Francisco Bay Area.Job Responsibilities:
- Have a strong seller-doer attitude with ability to develop business and generate work in at least one market sector in the San Francisco Bay Area market.
- Responsible for group of 30+ geotechnical engineers, environmental engineers, geologists, and geophysicists.
- Have strong financial acumen to manage and forecast backlogs and manage resource assignments.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to mentor and supervise staff.
- Perform independently on projects of high complexity and scope when required.
- Plan and conduct standard assignments requiring independent judgment in the selection of techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Coordinate standard to complex field and laboratory operations and programs, solving most problems that arise and, if necessary, performing technical or special testing that may be requested or required to meet project needs.
- Supervise and review lower level engineer’s field and laboratory instructions, design parameters, methods of analysis, calculations, and draft report text and illustrations.
- Independently evaluates and develops foundation soil parameters.
- Independently evaluates, selects, performs and checks standard engineering analyses.
- Monitors group and project budgets, schedules and performance against KPIs
- Assist in preparation of invoices for projects he/she is performing and supervising.
- Assist in training of lower level professionals and review time and expense sheets of project professional under their supervision.
- Leads engineering and advanced laboratory testing proposals and establish project pricing
- Adheres to quality management system and complies with HSE requirements.
- Perform market maintenance, prepare administrative reports, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Legally authorized to work in United States without restrictions.
- MS in Civil Engineering or equivalent required, advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years of industry experience as a Senior/Principal Engineer within the greater San Francisco Bay Area market
- Possess Professional Engineer (PE) and preferably Geotechnical Engineer (GE) in California, or ability to obtain GE within one year.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the basics of technical specialty
- Well-developed writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of technology including standard office and engineering software and equipment.
- A general knowledge of sales, pricing, contracts, and negotiations.
- Travelling (within California) may be required.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.BenefitsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
#LI-GS1How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or [email protected]