Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Scientist
At Haley & Aldrich, our goal is to deliver exceptional service to our clients and our communities. And we know that to do so, we need diverse and unconventional thinkers. That’s why we foster a culture that provides collaboration, flexibility, and support – so our staff can bring their unique value to bear, and explore the areas they’re passionate about.
Are you looking to work in an environment where you can be your authentic self and work on projects that are meaningful to you?Haley & Aldrich is seeking an Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Scientist who will work under the direction and supervision of senior staff. This position entails travel to job sites and working outside of the office setting conducting site and subsurface characterization for environmental and geotechnical projects and/or monitoring contractor's environmental and geotechnical-related activities during construction as well as some associated office-related work. This full-time position will be in our New York City office.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will:
- Perform site reconnaissance to observe existing conditions, assess site access for subsurface explorations, and identify important site features.
- Monitor subsurface exploration activities (e.g., test borings, geoprobes, and test pits) to collect soil, bedrock, groundwater, and other pertinent information for project design.
- Conduct soil and groundwater sampling in accordance with applicable ASTM standards, company standard procedures, and other industry standard guidelines.
- Conduct routine data collection, synthesis, and analysis using approved procedures appropriate for their discipline.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data using spreadsheets and other tools.
- Conduct on-site monitoring/ engineering observation of contractor environmental and geotechnical related construction activities.
- Use various environmental and geotechnical instrumentation and equipment during field work.
- Perform historical site review and review applicable regulations, as appropriate.
- Preparation of written reports, proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables, including Phase I and Phase II ESAs.
- Adhere to Site Specific Health and Safety Plans prepared for each project site. As applicable, participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and Haley & Aldrich.
- B.S. degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, or other related discipline. M.S. degree welcomed.
- 2-5 years of professional services consulting experience that includes execution of Phase I/Phase II environmental assessments, evaluation of environmental data, and presentation of technical solutions in a variety of written and oral formats
- Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter
- Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has or will apply for initial professional certification in their core discipline, where applicable, such as EIT or FE, or FG or PG
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in MS Office software
- Ability to travel to temporary assignments across the U.S.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel to job sites and the office
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER and OSHA 10-hr. Construction Site Safety training preferred
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 700 engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957, we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently, no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020, Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based seismic design methods. Visit www.haleyaldrich.com.Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status. We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more. Interested candidates should apply online on our Careers page.