We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients. Company : Black & Veatch Corporation Req Id : 41061 Job Title : Structural Engineer 3- Water - Phoenix Location : RGPHNX Business Unit Sector : COR-WATER-WATER AMERICAS Opportunity Type : Staff Relocation eligible : No Full time/Part time : Full-Time Project Only Hire : No Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Functions in a mid level engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Begins to independently apply knowledge and complies with Black and Veatch quality program relative to assigned tasks
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area
- May provide direction and guidance to others
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects
- Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership
- Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
People Management - (supervision, career development, training, mentoring):
- May assist with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required
- Minimum one year of related design experience in the water/wastewater industry.
- Minimum three years of related design experience of reinforced concrete and steel structures.
- Familiarity with the latest editions of the International Building Code, ASCE 7, ACI 350, ACI 318, AISC Steel Construction Manual, ACI 530.
- Proficiency with use of structural analysis software such as RISA 3D, STAADPro, or SAP 2000.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in a US state, by examination. Or the ability to become licensed within twelve months of hiring.
- Proficiency with use of non-structural software packages such as Bluebeam, ProjectWise, AutoCAD, and Revit.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 3 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment, typical construction environment, extreme weather conditions, high noise level, safety hazards (electric currents, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemical(s), atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation). Sitting, walking, talking hearing, reading, writing, keyboarding, driving, filing, reaching, stooping, crouching, bending, standing for extended periods of time, lifting or carrying up to 40 pounds.
129Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned. Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program. To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time. A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program. We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership. By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients. Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here and here. Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.