Position Description:Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you!Our people division is growing, and we are looking for an Environmental Engineer II, Water with our Cortez Environmental department. The successful candidate will be support centric adding to our already challenging, yet rewarding environment strengthening our mining operations. The ideal candidate will possess a background in environmental compliance within water management programs.At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world’s most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.Responsibilities:
- Maintain developed compliance systems for all water related programs and permits, including water pollution control permits, potable water permits, stormwater permits, and dewatering programs.
- Preparation of Quarterly, Semi-Annual and Annual Water Pollution Control Permit reports.
- Assist with hydrologic investigations, planning and reporting.
- Ability to coordinate major and/or complex permitting activities associated with the water management needs of the site, including review of application/modification designs and packages.
- Assist in the supervision and support of well drilling and design.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders with varying levels of management and expertise across NGM.
- Ability to coordinate projects with contractors, adhere to budgets and direct contractor work.
- Coordinate with company subject-matter experts on complex compliance issues.
- Collect water level data and water quality samples from monitoring wells.
- Collect water quality parameters, flow, and samples from seeps, springs, and creeks.
- Manage data and generating reports based on data collected from wells, seeps, springs, and creeks during monthly and annual seeps and springs studies.
- Maintenance, evaluation and reporting of collected data to NGM management and governmental agencies.
- Oversight of operational inspections to ensure permit compliance including accompanying regulatory inspectors on periodic inspections of work areas on and off the mine site.
- Provide training support to NGM employees, contractors, and others.
- Comply with legal obligations and NGM Health & Safety policies and procedures. Lead by example and promote the NGM Safety program and initiatives.
- Responsible for periodic after hours on-call response to environmental incidents, as needed.
- This position requires the ability to regularly walk over uneven, sloped, rocky, wet or icy ground and the ability to lift 40 or more pounds consistently and safely.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mining Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field required
- Master’s Degree in Hydrology or Hydrogeology preferred
- At least three (3) years direct experience in environmental compliance, including regulatory agency interactions required
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously required
- Familiarity with compliance systems and ISO 14001 preferred
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About Nevada Gold MinesNevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick’s Cortez; the combination of Barrick’s Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp’s Carlin; and the combination of Barrick’s Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp’s Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick’s Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick. Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.