Senior Hydrogeologist & Groundwater ModelerAdvisian (Worley Group)
Los Angeles, USAdvisian is the independent consulting business line of the Worley Group with more than 2,000 people in 19 countries. We provide solutions for clients across a range of industries, including ports and marine terminals, renewable energy, mining, and onshore and offshore oil and gas. As part of one of the world’s largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. Worley is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customer’s expectations, which is why we manage some of the world's leading projects.This is a full-time position located in our Los Angeles and/or Santa Ana, CA offices, with an option to work remotely for the foreseeable future. Our Groundwater Practice within the Water Service Line is seeking an energetic individual with strong technical, leadership, and communication skills who is eager to help lead and grow a group of professional hydrogeologists. We are seeking someone with proven strong technical capabilities in developing, managing, and executing groundwater modelling projects. Technical knowledge, leadership, and communications skills are key aspects of this position. Individuals should be team focused, with proven experience in successfully working with a group of professionals in a team environment. Desirable attributes are candidates that are well connected in the water and/or environmental industry in California, and the ability to expand the Service Line’s current client base would be an asset.Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Manage, design, execute, and supervise groundwater modeling and groundwater data analysis scopes on multidisciplinary projects.
- Provide senior technical support for a variety of projects including, but not limited to, analytical and numerical groundwater flow and fate and transport modeling, geospatial data analysis and visualization, contaminant hydrogeology, groundwater remediation and restoration, hydrogeological assessments, groundwater sustainability, permitting and environmental impact assessments.
- Subject matter expert for groundwater modeling.
- Serve as stakeholder, regulator and client liaison relating to groundwater modeling and hydrogeology projects.
- Prepare and/or provide senior review of technical correspondence, project scope and cost proposals, technical reports, memorandums, work plans, and project specifications.
- Project management and execution, including the development and maintenance of project scopes, schedules and budgets, and coordination of staff.
- Presentation of technical information internally and externally to clients in writing and verbally in a concise and professional manner.
- Support team business development activities including client interaction and customer relationship management, contribute to business development plans, identify markets/potential clients and related sales targets, and assist the team in preparing responses to Requests For Proposals and Request For Qualifications.
- Train, mentor, and develop junior and intermediate staff.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of groundwater modeling.
- Keep abreast of local industrial/commercial/community business activities, plans and future developments.
- Master’s degree, or higher, from an accredited institution.
- 10+ years of experience in groundwater modeling and hydrogeology work.
- Extensive experience with numerical groundwater modeling software, such as MODFLOW, building, calibrating and optimizing groundwater flow and contaminant transport models.
- Solid understanding of hydrogeology and its applications; experience in California would be an asset.
- Solid understanding of the regulatory requirements relating to groundwater in California.
- Solid understanding of groundwater modeling and its applications; experience in Southwestern United States would be an asset.
- Ability to present technical information, both written and verbally, in a concise and professional manner.
- Solid understanding of plans required to deliver groundwater and hydrogeology services.
- Supervisory, project management, and client management experience.
- Demonstrated capability to train, mentor and develop junior and intermediate staff.
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE management.
- Professional Geologist and Certified Hydrogeologist registration, or eligibility for registration in the State of California is desirable.
Advisian (part of the Worley Group) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada and overseas.We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian (part of the Worley Group) is an equal opportunity employer.