Improving America’s infrastructure isn’t for the weak. It takes grit, determination and hard work to execute high impact projects. Michels Corporation engages 8,000 people and 14,000 pieces of heavy equipment in our insatiable drive to be the best. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Project Manager can change yours.As a Project Manager, your key responsibilities will be to manage a phase of a larger project or manage multiple smaller projects ensuring profitable operations to meet or exceed the client’s expectations. This position will plan, direct and coordinate activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Critical for success are the abilities to work independently and as a part of a team, meet deadlines, and anticipate and meet internal and external customer needs. This position will be field based and could be anywhere within the continental United States.Why Michels?
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You look forward to high-level responsibility opportunities
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You continuously promote a strong safety culture, always encouraging others to be safe
- You are adaptable and flexible to the demands of varying factors throughout your work day
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or related field, 3-5 years of project management experience, or equivalent combination
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exposure or experience with Trenchless technology (Microtunnel, Direct Pipe, etc.) (desired)
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- Travel required. Position may require extended travel, meaning the travel may account for up to 100% of the time and/or limit the ability to return home during off time.