Mott MacDonald’s transportation and infrastructure teams work on some of the biggest and most challenging projects across the US. We’ve completed and are currently involved in a whole host of amazing solutions to complex projects; incorporating our values of sustainability and improving communities.
Based from our centrally located Los Angeles office, the structural engineer will provide support on bridge and underground projects. You will be part of a team that is responsible for preparation of conceptual, preliminary, and final design plans, specifications, and estimates. Typical projects will include rail / LRT / road bridges, underground and retaining structures utilizing cast in place and precast pre-stressed concrete, conventional reinforced concrete and steel.
In addition to the overarching responsibility, your day to day will include:
- Planning and design of structural projects including bridges, underground structures, as well as other structures predominately for transit projects
as part of a team of professionals on multiple projects. Ability to identify and solve design and construction challenges is required
- Interacting with team members and assists in the coordination of work among engineers and technicians
- Client communications
- Working with Mott MacDonald’s larger bridge and structures practice regionally and globally
- Mentoring and providing guidance to more junior members of the structures teams
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- 4+ years structural engineering experience
- Professional Engineer status in California is desirable
- Prepare and monitor work plan, scope, schedule, and budgets
- Experience communicating with clients as a project engineer and/or structural engineer
- Knowledge of any of AASHTO, CALTRANS and AREMA bridge design or CBC standards is desirable
- Experience in bridge and/or underground works projects
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence