Mott MacDonald is a multi-disciplined engineering consultancy, with a significant presence in the tunnel’s realm throughout the United States. Our projects include the $7.3 billion East Side Access project in New York City, where we've been providing program and construction management for America’s largest infrastructure project. Because of our continued and sustained growth and success, we’re now looking to appoint a senior tunnel engineer to support our current and future infrastructure projects, based from Iselin, NJ or New York, NY.
This will be a versatile role, with the principal project manager undertaking a cross-section of projects or possibly a single project; including: tunnels, microtunnels & trenchless, and other underground structures/projects. As a senior tunnel engineer, your duties will include:
- Production of design solutions, reports, specifications and drawings covering a range of projects from new builds, modifications, maintenance and refurbishment.
- Possibly leading design effort on Design-Build Team.
- Assessment of sub-surface conditions and development of design criteria.
- Developing engineering concepts, and articulation to the team
- Writing reports for submission to clients as well as assisting with preparation of proposals to clients.
- Leading and managing junior/graduate engineers supporting their development;
- Liaising with the client, attending progress meetings and producing reports on progress
- Providing expert engineering input into design; and evaluation of built environment proposals.
Mott MacDonald's experience in tunneling dates back to the early 1900s. Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for North American tunneling industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for an individual to join our team to continue this and invite applications from candidates with:
- Master's in civil engineering preferred, but BS in civil engineering or equivalent required.
Degree(s) should be structural in geotechnical or civil engineering.
- PE required
- Experience working with governmental, local agencies and contractors.
- 15 years of experience with tunnels, underground structure design as engineer in responsible charge for projects that have been constructed.
- Experience with soil structure interaction and seismic soil structure interaction analysis a plus.
- Mix of hydraulic structures and transport structure design experience preferred
- Proven track record in tunnel management and design.
You’ll be a career minded individual with aspirations of working in the tunnel design field. Working in a team environment at Mott MacDonald, you’ll need a positive attitude to promote the program, our organization, and our achievements.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence