We are currently looking for the right individual to join our Structures Group, in the role of a Graduate Engineer. This individual will be responsible for:
- Performing structural computations in the design and analysis of concrete, steel or other miscellaneous structures
- Creating analysis models and interpreting results for 2D and 3D structural frames
- Assisting with construction administrative tasks, including site visits and shop drawing review
- Understanding load paths for gravity and lateral loads and calculating applicable loads based on appropriate building codes
- Assisting with design drawings, quantities, cost estimates, specifications, reports and other project deliverables while working with the structures team
- Preparing technical studies and reports
In this position, the individual will be required to work closely with a team of Structural Engineers and/or Project Managers and other Graduate Engineers. A willingness to work in a team environment, following the standards we have in place is a must. A “can-do”, client-focused attitude is crucial.
- Master’s in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural Engineering
- 0-3 years of experience
- Experience with Revit, Dynamo, Rhino or Grasshopper is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, water resources, traffic, transportation engineering, and parking consulting services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape our communities. Founded in 1931, we are headquartered in Houston, Texas and have more than 700+ professionals working across 21 U.S. offices and 5 international locations.