Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Resilience, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.The BIM Modeler will perform the functions of creating project deliverable drawings and models using the current versions of available software. Work includes 3D parametric modeling, representation and annotation of 3D information in 2D drawings, and 2D detailing for complex projects. The candidate should be able to work in a self-directed manner in all aspects of the building design and document production process.Responsibilities
• Create 3D BIM models to a high level of accuracy.
• Develop plans, sections, elevations and details from a 3D BIM model for projects of all sizes and technical complexities.
• Clearly annotate, dimension and detail production drawings in conformance to Thornton Tomasetti standards and practices.
• Setup and manage large sheets sets including revisions and markups for each project. Plot drawings to pdf, dwg, or to paper plots.
• Assist and direct BIM workflow.
• Set up and geo-locate multiple models for a single project.
• Create 3D views or renderings on an as-needed basis for marketing or project use.
• Use advanced tools such as Navisworks for project collaboration across multiple disciplines in a BIM environment.
• Interface with engineers, our clients, and other consultants through clear communication and drawings. Interact with our clients to coordinate BIM modeling content and approaches, model exchanges, quality control, and delivery.
• Continued development of “best practices” for BIM.Requirements
• Degree in related discipline (Civil Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design, etc.) is preferred.
• Experience and understanding of REVIT Structure, AutoCAD Architecture, and their supporting technologies. Experience and understanding of interfacing with REVIT Architecture and MEP is preferred.
• Excellent understanding of 3D parametric modeling to maximize the benefits of an integrated building model.
• Thorough understanding of building components for modeling structural components intelligently and efficiently to ensure the integrity of the structural model.
• Working knowledge of drawing production, standard construction techniques and principals.
• Excellent skills in relation to rendering and graphic formats and their manipulation and output.